Monday, September 1, 2014

A look at the first released unofficial depth chart


Monday the Vikings announced the first unofficial depth chart. I know the key word is unofficial but at least it is something to look at and see potentially what the team will look likes when they take the field in St. Louis.

Here is a look at the offense with no surprises to me:

POS
First
Second
Third
Other
QB
RB
FB
WR1
WR2
WR3
TE
LT
LG
C
RG

 

Here is the defense:

POS
First
Second
Third
Other
LDE
DT
NT
RDE
SLB
MLB
WLB
LCB
SS
FS
RCB
POS
First
Second
Third
Other
K
P
LS
H
PR
KR

 

I am truly excited about the defense for many reasons to see just how they handle this tough schedule and the highly geared offenses they will face.

I look at the line and live the 2 defensive ends, Robison and Griffen who will both bring a speed rush from the outside.

The linebacker’s corp I am truly excited to see how rookie, Anthony Barr will contribute. We know Greenway is a tackling machine and Brinkley is the veteran at middle with backup from Audie Cole who I am high on as well.

The secondary will be the most interesting to watch with 2nd year cornerback, Rhodes and newcomer Munnerlyn. I love the fact that Munnerlyn comes from a defensive system that was highly successful so my hope Is he can help the others in the secondary. If Rhodes can play like he did before he got hurt the cornerbacks should be very good.

The safeties we see Harrison Smith who might me one of the best young safeties in the game. His hitting ability never gets old to watch. Blanton will be a project and only time will tell. I guess if the coaches have the belief in him I will join the coaches with that thought.

I said it before and I will say it again, I truly believe this team is in for a special season.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

Other source: Vikings.com
Photo
97-Everson Griffen


No comments:

Post a Comment