Monday, September 15, 2014

The day after


It has been over 24 hours since the end of the home opener and has given me eve more time to think about just what went wrong.

Sunday night I got home and got info that Viking’s special team coach, Mike Priefer has been reinstated.

This info triggered my mind making me think just how much trouble special teams had on Sunday vs the Patriots.

The blocked field goal really took a chunk of life out of the team right before half. I said earlier a chance to go down 7 at half 17-10 but instead the Vikes go down 24-3 at half.

The other huge concern was the organization of special teams. I can recall two times for sure the Patriots made it seem as though they would attempt to go for it on 4th and within seconds ran the punt team on.

I know everyone has a different view whether to go to a game or sit home in the comfort of your own house. I love going because of all the action I can watch at once. I can scan for different aspects of the game I want to see. I might want to see how the coaches react on sidelines or how players react on the sidelines as well. The TV screen limits what you can see. I do not know what was shown on TV but I can assure you that it seemed helter skelter trying to get the correct guys on the field within seconds. I thought for sure the Vikes would be penalized for too many men on the field. It was an extreme brilliant move by the Patriots.

I am not blaming the fill in coach who was taking Priefer’s place while the suspension was going. I just don’t recall player’s looking that confused whether to be on the field or not. It was pointed out that one of the special team plays only 9 Vikings players were on the field.

I know Matt Cassel looked terrible at times but I also feel at times the receivers didn’t help him either. I can recall 2 balls Vikes tight end, Kyle Rudolph missed. I know Cassel missed a wide open Rudolph for 6 down the seam.

It was on a positive note that it was nice to be at the game and see Greg Jennings catch his 500th pass in the NFL.

I also wanted to point out a couple things about the stadium. It is indeed a beautiful place and I love being there but must say we have a major problem getting wi-fi. We struggle each of the 3 games thus far to be able to check twitter. These are not the end of the world not to be able to do but it is nice to see what media football guys are tweeting.

The other thing I noticed is when they are showing someone talk on the big screen such as a player or coach that the words we here are way behind the lips moving.

I do love when leaving the stadium we are heading down the stadium steps the hundreds of purple clad people leaving. It is the most wonderful sight.

I hope you all get a chance to check out TCF Bank Stadium because it is an amazing sight to take in.

This week of talk about Peterson and all people’s opinions will be nonstop. I feel terrible with so many emotions. I just look forward to seeing the Purple send the Saints to a 0-3 record.

Thanks for reading

Purplestick

No comments:

Post a Comment