Saturday, September 13, 2014

Vikes win and why



The Vikes-Patriots game is less than 24 hours away. I have done nothing but read people’s thoughts on Adrian Peterson. I will say it rips my heart reading so much. I will be attending the game and I believe the Vikings will win. I am not here to pile on the thoughts either way rather I want to talk about why the Vikings will win.


First and foremost it is a home game and the first one of the new season in a new outdoor stadium. If this can’t get the team fired up looking into the stands and seeing all the faithful purple along with hearing them should get their motors running at high speed.


The coaching staff led by of course Mike Zimmer has shown the Vikings they can win with any player they put on the field. It is a team sport that consists of 53 men fighting for the ultimate goal, the Lombardi Trophy.


The playmakers on offense the team gives me many reasons to feel good about winning. We have a veteran quarterback in Matt Cassel. The weapons offered up to Cassel are NFL quality receivers led by veteran, Greg Jennings. The speed of Cordarrelle Patterson now will have NFL teams on alert. The Vikings have former MVP of the Pro Bowl, healthy Kyle Rudolph who will give secondary fits with his size. I look for Jarius Wright to be the surprise and do some damage.


The running backs led by Matt Asiata showed last season towards the end he has what it takes to be in the NFL. He has come through the tough ranks of being an undrafted rookie. His patience and hard work has paid off thus far.


2014 draft choice, Jerrick McKinnon will be the jitter bug and will be the X factor teams will need to watch out for.


The offensive line I believe will play the game of their lives knowing the team is counting on them to open holes for Asiata and keep Cassel upright,


The defense will come to play in this CBS Nationally televised game. A chance to shut down future hall of famer, Tom Brady will be all the motivation they need.


I look for the D-Line to be big vs the Patriots offensive line. I love the rotation keeping the legs fresh.


I am so excited to see Patriots coach, Bill Belicheck in person. I am even more excited and confident to see the Vikings win 35-13 and go to 2-0.


Thanks for reading


Todd Walkingstick


 

No comments:

Post a Comment